terça-feira, 14 de maio de 2013

The Raven's Childhood


"What one fears one destroys."

- Chief Dan George




“Men have called me mad; but the question is not yet settled, whether madness is or is not the loftiest intelligence– whether much that is glorious– whether all that is profound– does not spring from disease of thought– from moods of mind exalted at the expense of the general intellect.”


                                                                                                                    

-Edgar Allan Poe



Essay over a psychanalisis session, performed when I was 10 years old. By that time, I used to be agressive, enraged, lonesome and thoughtful. In fact, nothing really changed, only my perspective about the world around me, according to my current age and experiences, including memories from the past (check out The Raven's Memories). My mother couldn't understand my tough behavior and the way I stood for my beliefs, even challenging her authority. As it uses to happen with everything people do not understand, she set me up with a Psychologist. I well remember about a single session (I only went on 4 or 5 anyway).


This was what happened:


P: For psychologist
B: For myself 

The psychologist gave me a sheet and pencils, because she was explained that I loved to draw. So I started drawing, and asked to not be bothered. There was silence.

P: Oh! What is this?
B: It's a lion.
P: Why a lion?
B: They were sacred in Egypt.
P: And why does it have 3 tails?
B: Because it's a symbol of power.
P: How so?
B: The 3 is like a balance, with 3 tails it gets stronger.

Then, I started to draw more tails.

P: Why are you giving it more tails?
B: Because 7 is more powerful. It's like eternal. 
P: Who told you that stuff?
B: I just know it.

And my last detail on the lion was a crown (which I knew was a golden crown).

Daniel in the Lion's Den by Peter Paul Rubens


Later on, my mother was told I had great imagination. 


But I always knew it was further than that. And many, many children suffers with the same derogate. They took the childhood "in a stride", they laugh at kids abilities to see beyond, they understimate every word and every artistic expression. By other side, they punish what they consider to be a bad behavior, without even trying to understand the real reasons behind.

It's easier to judge someone as mental ill and throw them to the professionals to take care. I am not putting in evidence the caring parents have upon their children. I believe their intentions are the best, however, there's no way to deny it misses information.

Many kids, specially the newborn of this Era, carry memories of past journeys, ancient knowledges, very high vibes, and it's simply hard to them to adapt to this chaos we are living. 

So comes the diagnosis of Hyperactivity, Asperger,  OCD, and other peculiar problems, which could easily be overcome by letting the kid release his/her most amazing gifts. Also keeping in touch with nature, with animals, trees, stones, and the most important: respecting their timing and vision of the things.

I wish caretakers do not lock their offspring into a cage. I wish someday, all the kids will be heared. So, mankind will understand the true nature of this new generation: Half Angel, Half human.

"It's not good health to adapt into a society which is deeply ill." - Krishnamurti

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Deixe sua pata no hall da fama!